Over half of all pregnant woman experience heartburn during their pregnancy. This usually occurs because when a woman is pregnant the “pregnancy hormones” makes the esophagus muscles relax which is the cause of heartburn, it allows the stomach acids to come up and cause the heartburn symptoms.
If you are pregnant and start feeling heartburn symptoms you will most likely continue to experience this until you give birth. However there are heartburn reliefs. It is usually not recommended to take over the counter medicines as it can be harmful to pregnant women, so the best solution is natural heartburn remedies.
Here are a couple many pregnant women find useful to alleviate heartburn symptoms:
- Eat small meals and eat slowly, it will allow you to digest more easily.
- Avoid anything spicy and most of all avoid junk food or any food high in fat/oils.
- Don’t drink and eat. It is better to not drink while you are eating, drink after your meal.
- Don’t lie down after you eat, take a small walk or do a small activity where you are standing up.
- Don’t where tight clothes, they press against your stomach, making symptoms worse, where clothes that is loose and comfortable.
Always try to use natural heartburn relief and follow the tips above to avoid heartburn overall. If your heartburn symptoms become too painful during your pregnancy consult with your doctor.